Internet dating is becoming more popular among singles of all ages throughout the world. There is a disturbing attitude among some Internet daters that courtesy, integrity and honor don’t apply on “the net.”
Here are some thoughts about common sense, courteous behaviors otherwise known as etiquette:
- Post a current photograph!
- Answer responses and initial inquiries within three to four days.
- Be polite. Keep emails fun, positive and upbeat.
- Resist embellishing and exaggerating.
- Once you are no longer interested in someone, tell him or her directly.
- If someone stops emailing, listen to their behavior. She or he is not interested in you. YOU are not being rejected. This is a message about HIM or HER. Move on.
Integrity is not a choice. Integrity lives inside us and is part of every action, reaction, interaction, choice and decision. We treat everyone with whom we interact with courtesy because we hold a value for treating others with basic kindness and respect and our value drives our behavior.
Believe in yourself, believe that what you want is possible. Live on purpose, make choices that affirm and esteem your best self and go for it. Don’t waste time with people who are looking for who you are not. And don’t show up being anything less than who you are!
Remember, only YOU can make it happen!
Original Content by Jackie Black, Ph.D., BCC
www.DrJackieBlack.com ~ DrJackie@DrJackieBlack.com
Scan the QR Code and download your Free MYMARRIAGECOACH App