One of the most frequently asked questions I hear is, “How do I choose the right partner and build a healthy, loving and lasting relationship?”
Most couples find themselves without personal experience or good models of healthy relationships and wind up feeling inadequate or unsure about how to build a healthy, lasting committed relationship.
In a healthy relationship…
- Each partner values the open sharing of thoughts and feelings.
- There is a routine or regularity to events.
- Conflict occurs and partner’s work to resolve disagreements, upsets and hurts by talking it out together.
- Partners communicate clearly; they say what they mean and mean what they say.
- Partners care about each other and how they feel; they are responsive to the feelings and needs of each other.
- Each partner sets boundaries, both physically and emotionally.
- Each partner interacts with, and is involved in the larger world.
Remember, only YOU can make it happen!
Original Content by Jackie Black, Ph.D., BCC
www.DrJackieBlack.com ~ DrJackie@DrJackieBlack.com
Scan the QR Code and download your Free MYMARRIAGECOACH App