It’s hard to believe that 2014 is over and 2015 is here.
The beginning of the year is a good time to take stock; to examine where we’ve been; where we are now; and where we want to go this year.
I encourage you to spend some time reflecting on the various aspects of your life.
- What accomplishment are you very proud of?
- What goal did you have that wasn’t realized?
- Did you experience any losses or disappointments? Have you spent time grieving the hurt associated with the loss or disappointment?
- Anything unexpected happen? Have you expressed your gratitude?
- Is there a task or an endeavor that is incomplete that you want to complete or bring closure to this year?
- Do you still need or want to do or say something to someone?
- Do you have a dream for 2015? And a plan to make it a reality?
This is just a partial list that I want to invite you to use to spark your personal inquiry.
My amazing Grandmother used to say, “A rolling stone gathers no moss.” Loosely translated, that old saying reminds us to stay actively engaged in our lives and to resist becoming complacent.
Be the architect of your life. Don’t wait for something to happen. Design your life and your love life for the rest of your life and be sure your design matches your vision for your life; your values; and your life purpose.
Don’t settle; compromise; or negotiate away that which is your right and your obligation to Be, Do and Have.
Remember, only YOU can make it happen!
Original Content by Jackie Black, Ph.D., BCC
www.DrJackieBlack.com ~ DrJackie@DrJackieBlack.com
Scan the QR Code and download your Free MYMARRIAGECOACH App