Wedding season is now in full swing!
Newlyweds throughout the world spend more time, energy and money on their weddings than on building their relationships and divorce-proofing their marriages!
According to the Journal of Family Psychology, premarital education is associated with higher levels of marital satisfaction, lower levels of destructive conflicts and higher levels of interpersonal commitment to spouses.
The results of a survey in four states in the U.S., strongly suggests that couples who received premarital education had a 31% lower chance of divorce.
What does it take to build a healthy, committed, joyful and lasting relationship?
- Individual and Shared Vision, Values, and Marriage Goals;
- Extreme Self-Awareness and Partner-Awareness;
- Understanding the influences of Your family, My family and Our family;
- Skills to Reduce Conflict, Repair Hurt Feelings, and Reestablish the Status Quo;
- Recognizing Disappointment and Disillusionment;
- Improving Listening and Communication Skills;
- Setting, Maintaining and Honoring Boundaries;
- Elegantly Crafting Agreements and Commitments;
- Willingness and Ability to talk about Sex and Intimacy, and Money.
Getting married without Premarital or Newlywed coaching is like getting behind the wheel of a car without a driver’s license; or starting a business without a business plan.
Information and awareness prepares you for the inevitable challenges, conflicts and discontent that are normal and are to be expected when you begin to weave your lives together to create the rich tapestry we call marriage.
Remember, only YOU can make it happen!