My friend, best-selling love and relationship author Arielle Ford, has some seriously fascinating new research results I knew I had to pass on to you.
It shows that as complicated as relationships can be, there are really just a few simple mistakes that make an otherwise good relationship go bad:
- You aren’t being good sharers. And this isn’t about sharing bank accounts or closet space; it means sharing what you think, what you love and who you really are. Couples with a high degree of intimacy—who shared their innermost thoughts—were 62% more likely to describe their relationship as happy.
- You don’t argue enough (seriously!) But you have to argue in the right way, with respect, care and love, focused on finding compromises and solutions to any disagreements that arise (and they do arise!) When couples experience conflict, they are 45% less likely to feel pessimistic about their relationship if they can recognize feelings of caring from their partner during the disagreement.
- You aren’t friends . . . or at least you don’t act like it. Friends support each other when needed, enjoy each other’s company, and make each other laugh. In studies of people in happy relationships lasting more than three decades, the quality of friendship between the partners was the single most frequently cited factor in the relationship’s success.
I encourage you to take a look at your current relationship or, if you’re not in a relationship now, look back at one that ended. Do any of those mistakes sound familiar to you?
If they do, the good news is that you can turn those unhealthy patterns around. . . fast!
In the upcoming, all-new Art of Love Relationship Series hosted by Arielle, you’ll discover all the leading-edge tools, techniques and insights you’ll need to help you do exactly that, and then adopt the right relationship skills you need to support a more connected, more satisfying relationship than you’ve ever had before.
And the whole series is absolutely free!
We often lack the relationship skills and habits that build such closeness and connection. And sometimes our habits even inadvertently push our partners (or prospective partners) away!
I know that’s so true for me—and probably for you too!—which is why I had to tell you about Arielle’s new comprehensive series. It’s like an actual road map for anyone—single or in a committed relationship—who wants to find that deeper connection and lasting love.
She designed The Art of Love Relationship Series to not only save you time and money, but years of frustration and unnecessary heartache!
And to do that, she brought together 55 of the world’s most respected love and relationship experts to share their newest and best strategies in this transformative 9-day online event starting Tuesday, April 1st.
And here’s something else worth sharing . . . to jumpstart an immediate and meaningful change in your life, Arielle is giving you instant access to three powerful pre-event videos that will help you . . .
- Identify and break unconscious habits that stand in the way of the intimacy you crave
- Affair-proof your relationship by creating a connection so strong neither partner is even tempted to stray!
- Create a truly spiritual connection with your partner—even if you’re on different spiritual paths or one partner isn’t spiritually focused at all
I’ve watched them, and these videos alone are powerful enough to help you create significant momentum in your relationship and in your life . . .And they’re just the beginning of what’s in store for you over the 9 amazing days of seminars and workshops that will help you overcome unconscious habits that block intimacy, and then instantly adopt new techniques to find and sustain a whole new level of closeness with your partner.
The incredible faculty for the series includes Dr. John Gray, Harville Hendrix, Alison Armstrong, Drs. Gay and Katie Hendricks, Neale Donald Walsch, Katherine Woodward Thomas, MA, MFT, Claire Zammit, Ph.D(c), Lisa Nichols, along with me, Arielle and so many others.
And you’ll have access to all of it at absolutely no charge, right from the comfort of your own home and computer.
In this extraordinary series, you’ll discover how to . . .
- End destructive habits like blame, judgment and criticism that stand in the way of intimacy
- Master effective communication skills to get your needs met with ease
- Restore trust and heal from betrayal so you can finally get past your past
- Explore creative new ways to deepen intimacy and connection—even amidst the busyness and distractions of modern life
- Have a more soulful, satisfying sex life
- Deepen your friendship through fun and play
- And so much more . . .
And all of it will help you create a truly connected and authentic partnership with the one you love now—or the one who’s on the way!
Best of all, these techniques are effective whether you and your partner both participate in the series or not—and even if you’re not in a relationship now, but hope to be someday soon.
Join us and get in on the very beginning!
Remember, only YOU can make it happen!
Original Content by Jackie Black, Ph.D., BCC
www.DrJackieBlack.com ~ DrJackie@DrJackieBlack.com
Scan the QR Code and download your Free MYMARRIAGECOACH App